Sunday, December 31, 2006

Adios, 2006!

This is it: The final day of 2006! This year has been great to say the least. It started off better than any man could hope for with Alyssa's birth in February.

It's also ending on high note. Alyssa had her first Christmas, and boy did she rack up. We were on the road from the 22nd to the 27th, and we've been at home since then. However, we're still sorting out the toys and gifts. It was a wonderful Christmas with all three families. We all got lots of quality time and great gifts.

If that last sentence isn't structured well, that's okay. I'm very sleepy at the moment. :-)

It's been great being away from work. I really haven't had a vacation since last Christmas, and I haven't missed the station at all. Don't read anything negative into that, but it's been nice not having to come up with stories every day. It's just been relaxing.

I did go to the station in Columbus last night, though. I went to hang out after work with some buddies I haven't seen in a while. A couple of them are basically heading out the door to other jobs in a few months, and that breaks my heart. I've had two great years with them, and I know our friendships will always be there.

I also went with Brian to see "We Are Marshall" today. I did a story a couple of weeks ago with Mike Morehouse. His dad, Gene, was the radio guy when the team plane crashed. Spending that evening interviewing his family really made me want to see the movie, and it did not disappoint. It was a very touching movie, and it's definitely one I'll buy when it comes to DVD.

I guess that will do it for tonight. We're all pooped, and I've got two more days of freedom. I'll go get some rest so I can enjoy them. Happy New Year!

No comments: