Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Big 3-0

Well, goodbye 20s. A new kid is in town. His name is 30.

July 26, 1976: The day Mom and Dad welcomed this little bundle of joy. Unfortunately, I've turned into a bigger bundle of... Well, insert your own phrase there, and DO NOT leave a comment or anything where I can see it. :-)

I thank God that He's given me three complete decades on this planet. I've met so many of my personal goals. I wanted to be married at an early age (Check! Age 22), and I wanted to have a child by the time I hit 30 (Check! 29.5 to be exact). I wanted to be out of college, in a good job and surrounded by people I love and admire (Check, check and check!)

I only pray better days are ahead. These last 10,957 have been a blessing, and I won't do the old "some days were better than others" cliche. We all know that to be true.

So, how does one celebrate a milestone of this nature? Well, the best part about it is I get to finish off my birthday cake. My sister-in-law Melanie made it for me (Thank you!). It proves my body may get older and in worse shape, but you can't take the youth out of my mind.
Here's to another 30 and many more!

1 comment:

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

best grown-up cake EVER