Saturday, July 22, 2006

Movie News

Well, this Saturday morning brought some surprises. I'm barely awake, and I've got two tidbits that have jolted my now wide-open eyes.

I've been reading some news from Comic Con (I would love to go one year), and two movie roles have been confirmed. First off... and here comes the happy kid in me... Peter Cullen will be the voice of Optimus Prime in the new live-action Transformers movie due out next year. If you're a child of the '80s as I am, he's Prime's voice in the original cartoon series. Yes!

Second, and this one I'm going to have to get used to, Heath Ledger is being cast as the Joker in the first Batman Begins sequel. I'm not a fan of his. I've seen a couple of his movies, and I've not been impressed. However, Chris Nolan did such a fantastic job with Begins, I'll reserve judgment until the next one comes out.

Just don't be pulling any Brokeback Batman mess.

1 comment:

@CoryODonnell said...

I'll give Ledger this: He looks just like The Joker when he smiles...it's almost scary.

I'll bet it's scripted at the time where he becomes the Joker...just like in the original.

Only Heath will be a little more believable as a younger Joker than Jack could be.

Not knocking Jack...but he was no spring chicken in '89.