Monday, November 20, 2006

True?

First of all, let me say I was at the Iron Bowl, and I wasn't upset Auburn won again. Will it have an impact on Shula's future?

That's the rumor flying around radio and chat boards right now. Many are saying the Board of Trustees has met and decided Shula will not return next year. Even Finebaum this afternoon was "90 percent" sure Shula's as good as gone.

Now, everyone has an opinion. There's no need for me to dive into that old saying about rear ends and opinions. Rumors fly and they disappear. However, if Finebaum's hinting at it, I'd put a small dose of credibility into it.

Here's the thing: The Board can't fire Shula. They can only make a recommendation to the president and AD. They voted to keep Mike Price, but Dr. Robert Witt walked him to the chopping block.

Who knows what will happen. Interesting times are ahead once again for Bama. Can they just get a good coach in there and keep him for a while?

Please?

No comments: