Sunday, February 05, 2006

Taxes? We don't need no stinking taxes!

As you can imagine from the title, I'm taking a break from doing our taxes right now. Today proved interesting because Amy's doctor has forbid her from traveling far away. There just happened to be a baby shower for us two hours south at Granny's church.

Amy couldn't go, so that means someone had to be there. Yep, that'd be me. I had a great time with my family and some people I hadn't seen in a while.

It was a little awkward because I've never been to a shower. Let alone, one where I had to open all the gifts among a bunch of women. However, our little girl (who's due in four weeks now) got some great stuff.

So, Dad did his duty, and Amy's got two more to go. Thankfully, they're at school and church. That means I won't have to be there. :-)

I guess I need to get back to taxes. After all, it's after 1:00 a.m. I have to get up for church in seven hours, so I best just shut everything down.

Before I go, life is good right now. I worked 46 hours in four days last week, which has resulted in a three-day weekend for me. Not bad.

I hope things are well with you, dear reader and friend. As I sit here waiting for our precious daughter to arrive, I'm reminded how blessed a lot of us are. Everything just seems to be falling into place at this moment, and that's more than I deserve.

I hope peace and good things come to you, too. Trust in God. That keeps me going. :-)

No comments: