Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Random Thoughts

-- I'm very tired tonight. I'm physically and mentally drained. It's that time of the week when I pull early-morning duty with Alyssa, and I work until near midnight. I wish more than anything I could take a day off work.

-- I was watching SportsCenter at the crack of dawn yesterday, and I saw one of the best stories ever produced. It was a special on the Challenger Football League. This league is for mentally disabled and terminally ill kids.
They put them in wheelchairs while their parents push them toward the goal line, or they run the ball in themselves. I cried watching it because I had Alyssa in my arms, and I was completely moved since I'm now a dad. Kudos to ESPN for that one.

-- I officially, kinda, sorta entered into contract negotiations today. I've only got seven weeks left until mine is up, and I want to stay. I called my boss to basically set up a time for me to go to Columbus and meet with him.
He caught me by surprise when he asked what I wanted. I've had a figure in my head for a while, especially since Amy and I have been talking the better part of a year about her being a stay-at-home mom. Needless to say, I wasn't prepared to say it today. I'll let you know how it goes.

-- We're both beyond exhaustion. Have a great night.

2 comments:

Your PR Pal said...

Good Luck with the contract!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

make them give you what you want, so you can stay!! what would i do without brock to entertain me??

and if need be...break out the picture of "british" alyssa from a few posts back...maybe that'll be the last straw.