Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wednesday Thoughts

--Not a whole lot going on right now. I've been thinking a lot today after a conversation I had with a friend at one of the police departments. We always talk about a variety of subjects, and today got into divorce and what it means for the nation.
Anyhow, I always enjoy talking to officers because my dad was an Alabama State Trooper for 34 years. I have a lot of insight to those guys, and it does me good to be around them.

--Taylor Hicks won "American Idol," another home state guy. That was the first episode I've watched all season. I normally watch the really bad singers at the beginning, but working at night keeps me from a lot of things I enjoy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a morning person. I've been day side all week, and I can't wait to sleep in again.

--I left a message for my boss today concerning my contract. We talked about it at length three weeks ago, and I still don't know the status. I now have less than four weeks left, and I don't want to leave or look for another job. I'm perfectly happy where I am and with what I'm doing. Thank goodness, though, sweeps is now over. Maybe we'll all have a little more free time to talk.

--Amy's officially a stay-at-home mom. I can't remember if I mentioned that in a previous post, and I'm too lazy right now to go back and look. Her school board approved a year's leave of absence so she can be home.
Come August, it's going to hurt financially. I don't mean a dull pain, either. I mean it's going to be a "rip my arms off and slap myself with them" pain. Hence, the worry over the contract.
If you're wondering why we're taking this risk, don't. If you don't have a child, you might not realize the benefits of having a parent at home to raise him/her. Alyssa will be better off in health, and we can instill our beliefs in her instead of some day care worker.

--I think I'm done. I know people from work read this, and I don't want to seem like I'm complaining about some things. I'm not. I'm just not in a good mood at the moment. My mind weighs heavy from time-to-time, and co-workers don't see enough of me to understand the funk I get in once in a blue moon. Writing just helps me work my thoughts out.

Have a great night.

1 comment:

Clayton said...

I hear ya about the writting helping things, I agree 100%

Praying everything works out for you, you're too good a reporter to not get what you want! In my humble opinion anyway